The following information is for students intending to enter J. F. Oberlin University with a scholarship from the Japanese government through MEXT, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology.
MEXT Scholarship Program (Graduate Students: Embassy Recommendation)
If you need a “Letter of Acceptance” from J. F. Oberlin University, please follow the procedure outlined below.
1. You must first pass the primary selection stage at a Japanese diplomatic mission in your country.
2. After passing the primary selection stage, please contact us by e-mail or postal mail with the following documents.
Documents to be Submitted
- Certificate of the primary selection issued by the Japanese diplomatic mission
- Photocopy of passport including name, nationality, date of birth, your photo and passport number.
- All documents (photocopies are acceptable) as submitted to the Japanese diplomatic mission for application. For details, please check application form on the MEXT website.
3. All documents must be received by August 24, 2018.
4. Evaluation will be based on your submitted documents. The results will be announced by e-mail.
- You do not need to contact your desired supervisor prior to your request.
- We will not accept your application after the deadline, August 24, 2018.
- Please be advised that the processing and evaluation of your documents at our university will take a certain period of time, especially during summer holidays (from August 1).
- If you pass the screening process, we will post a “Letter of Acceptance” to the address listed on “Application Form for MEXT Scholarship Program”. If you are rejected, we will inform you of the result by e-mail.