- クックソン サイモン Cookson, Simon
Airline Cabin Communication, International Airport Communication, History of Airlines, Studying & Living Abroad, Business Interviews & Presentations
I come from Colchester, England, and I joined J. F. Oberlin University in 2001. I am fascinated by the differences and similarities between East and West.
I am a founding member of the aviation programmes at J. F. Oberlin University. I have a Ph.D. in Sociolinguistics, a Master’s degree in Aerospace Systems Engineering, and a Master’s degree in TESOL from Aston University.
My main research area is communication breakdown in aviation contexts. I am especially interested in communication problems involving people from different cultures.
- “Communicate in the Cabin: Essential English for Cabin Crew”, Kindle Direct Publishing (2021)
- “The International Airline Reader”, Kindle Direct Publishing (2021)
- “English: International Language of Work and Education”, in J. C. Maher (Ed.) “Language Communities in Japan (pp. 179-190)”, Oxford University Press (2021)
- “Communicate Abroad: Essential English for Travel and Study”, Cengage Learning (2016)
- “Ready for Departure: An Introduction to the Pilot English Language Proficiency Test”, Seizando-Shoten Publishing (2012)